Assistant Store Manager
Who are we?
The Cabana South is a swimwear boutique located in the heart of South Tampa. Our goal is to create a memorable shopping experience for our customers! We sell products such as swimwear, cover-ups, shoes, sunscreens, self-tanners, skincare, sunglasses, and more!
The Cabana South is currently in search of an Assistant Store Manager for our new boutique in South Tampa. Our ideal Assistant Store Manager must possess an entrepreneurial spirit in order to support the Boutique owner in building our brand one customer at a time and ultimately driving our business through sales. The successful candidate will have an excellent grasp on digital marketing strategies, lifecycle marketing, and analytics. The Assistant Store Manager should demonstrate a strong commitment to service, a genuine curiosity and interest in people, authenticity, fashion & style sensibility, and exceptional selling skills. The ideal candidate must also understands how to be a team player, is savvy about the visual and operational aspects of the role, and is committed to loss prevention.
What our ideal candidate will do:
- Drives business results by maximizing daily sales plans, managing expenses and improving metrics through sales floor leadership.
- Plans, delegates and follows up on expected tasks, assignments and activities to ensure expectations and objectives are met
- Attracts, recruits, and retains team members who are guest focused and demonstrate the ability to drive sales
- Leads, develops and coaches team members to reach their fullest potential and prepare them for the next level of responsibility by utilizing company tools
- Evaluates and reacts to performance issues fairly and consistently in accordance with our expected practices
- Maintains a high degree of personal integrity and inspires a team with the same values
- Creates and reinforces a proactive selling culture that focuses on building a confident and competent team, in order to build a loyal guest following through clear and positive communication
- Prepares the team to balance our guest experience with necessary operational tasks
Drive the Business & Deliver Results:
- Achievement of personal sales and metric goals.
- Build and maintain new and existing customer relationships.
- Maintain a solid, organized client book which furthers your customer relationships and generates consistent, proactive sales volume, following the standards of our clienteling philosophy.
- Be aware of and react to the rhythm of your business, not just relying on walk-in traffic but through clienteling, outreach and event opportunities.
- Maintains a visually inspiring boutique that is compelling to guests by developing visual decision making skills and effective communication of our visual standards
- Utilizes, leads and delivers our visual brand standards to present our unique product mix offering
- Demonstrates a passion for fashion by understanding trends
- Ensure all sales and operational policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Accurately process all POS transactions and capture of customer information and assist when necessary with operational and back of house activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures with a focus on loss prevention and operational excellence.
- Have a proper understanding of the radio communication and all technology tools used in-store, using proper etiquette.
- Detailed oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize work to prioritize work to produce desired outcomes.
- Understands and enforces all company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
- Assists with the scheduling of team members in order to deliver the expected level of guest service and maximize sales potential
- Performs and supervises boutique opening and closing procedures including bank deposits and securing the boutique
- Protects the physical assets of the boutique by conducting weekly audits, routine cycle counts and an annual physical inventory
- Manage all inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of mark-downs, transfers, RTVs & consolidations, damages and repairs, shipment receiving, customer sends, POS transactions, etc.
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline)
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Responsible for planning, managing and optimizing SEM, SEO, affiliate marketing, retargeting, paid social media/influencers and other relevant channels.
Who the ideal candidate is:
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a specialty retail store
- Demonstrates leadership and integrity with experience managing a staff of boutique team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong merchandising and visual skills
- Excellent organization skills; able to plan and execute tasks efficiently
- Proactive and creative problem solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Must be able to submit relevant required paperwork.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Multilingual skills a plus
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting and climbing
- Must be able to work alone
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs
The Cabana South is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a creative and friendly environment. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule according to the needs of the business, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Want to Find Out More?
Ask Us About Our Services
Contact us today and learn how we can help your business or facility with our services. Whether you would like to request a formal proposal or just have questions about how we can best meet your needs, we encourage your to give us a call today.