Experienced Assistant Controller
Seven One Seven Parking Enterprises is currently seeking an Experienced Assistant Controller. All candidates shall use their extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to prepare financial statements, budgets and other financial analysis reports for business units and to analyze and reconcile all general ledger accounts. Limited guidance is provided to perform varied, complex accounting functions. Resolves and or recommends solutions to complex accounting problems in accordance with GAAP. Regular contact with senior management and direct supervision of accounting staff, while directly reporting to the Controller and CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses general ledger accounting software to prepare monthly financial statements, budgets and reports. Experience with Dynamics GP & Microsoft Navision a plus.
- Researches and makes recommendations to resolve unusual or irregular transactions.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, prepares analyses and completes other monthly general ledger closing procedures.
- Analyzes general ledger accounts to identify unusual or irregular transactions and makes recommendations to resolve.
- Prepares/ reviews reports of financial information for management.
- Assists in the administration of the organization’s annual budget.
- Prepares surveys to be submitted to industry organizations and publications.
- Allocates costs to individual organizational entities and analyses the impact of cost allocation on individual financial statements.
- Assist in the management and direction of the month end close process.
- Reconcile all inter-company transactions between affiliates.
- Researches issues regarding application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to allocating costs and preparing financial statements.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements to increase efficiency in processing or analyzing financial information.
- Calculation and filing of monthly sales tax accounts.
- Assist in and management of the Year-end close and tax preparation.
- Ability to understand and calculate book to tax timing differences.
- Assists in training others.
- Resolves complex accounting problems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Training new employees.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Responsible for the overall general ledger functionality.
- Assist in the supervision of Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable.
- Manage at least 3 staff members.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from accredited university is MANDATORY .
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Accountant with working knowledge of GAAP.
- Ability to Post journal entries and complex accounting transactions to the General Ledger.
- Budgets and Financial Analysis experience required.
- Partnership accounting experience a plus.
- Inter-company transaction and reconciliation experience required.
- Accounting information systems, imports and exports of information, data management.
- Software implementation and migration experience.
- Expert Excel and Access skills required.
- Prior supervision of a minimum of 2 staff accountants and other accounting staff. Must work Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects while being extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines and work in fast paced multi-tasked environment.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions of Controller and Management.
- Maintain good working relationships with management and staff; functioning team player.
Want to Find Out More?
Ask Us About Our Services
Contact us today and learn how we can help your business or facility with our services. Whether you would like to request a formal proposal or just have questions about how we can best meet your needs, we encourage your to give us a call today.